still practicing realism. i should definitely be in studio right now, but i’ve decided to take a more relaxed sunday and finish up this painting of asami. based on the lovely kiko mizuhara.
(interested in a piece like this of you, your loved ones, your favorite characters, or your own characters? commission me!)
changed my major to painting! it’s only been three weeks but i’ve already learned so much more about color. no more dead palettes!
interested in a piece like this of you, a loved one, a famous character, or your original character? commission me!
EVEN IF YOU DON’T PLAN ON COMMISSIONING, PLEASE REBLOG TO GET THE WORD OUT <3
Hi! I’m Marisha, a current Illustration major at the Rhode Island School of Design. Interested in buying some art like the stuff pictured above? Commission me!
1. Either message me over Tumblr or via firstname.lastname@example.org to tell me:
- what level of commission you want (bust sketch, painting, etc.)
- what you want drawn (an OC, a specific character, a celebrity, or a person from a photograph that you send)
2. Wait for me to complete the commission! Bust sketches take about a day. Full-body, colored sketches take about 3 days. Digital bust sketched paintings take from 1-4 days, depending on the level of detail. Full-body, colored digital illustrations take up to 1 week. Realistic digital portraits take up to 2 weeks. When finished, I will email you a copy of the work in the file type(s) of your choosing.
- How can I work so fast? Aside from the innate ability to work quickly, I take each commission very seriously and try my best to deliver work in a timely and efficient manner.
- As of now, I’m not able to send prints of finished work; however, if I get a decent number of commissions, I may be able to send prints throughout the US for a yet-undetermined extra cost.
- Note: prices shown are per figure—except in the case of full-body, colored digital illustration, wherein $60 covers the cost of two figures and a setting.
3. Pay through PayPal through the email address email@example.com. If you’re buying a 1 color bust sketch or a colored digital bust sketch, you pay the full price after I send you the finished artwork. If you’re buying a drawing on any other level:
- Full-body digital sketches and digital bust sketched paintings are paid for in two stages—half of the price before I start any work (a down payment, if you will), and half of price after I send you a preliminary sketch. After that, I’ll send you the final version in the file format of your choice (excluding .psd)
- Full-body, colored digital illustrations and realistic digital portraits are paid for in three stages—1/3 of the price before I start any work; 1/3 of the price after I send you a preliminary sketch, and 1/3 of the price after I send you a rough color sketch. After that, I’ll send you the final colored version in the file format of your choice (excluding .psd)
- Paying in stages allows you to offer suggestions, adjustments, and even change your mind about purchasing a finished piece midway through the artmaking process.
- It also ensures that I as an artist receive proper payment for the work I put into something and safeguards against mal-intentioned customers trying to score free artwork.
If you have any questions or propositions, message me through Tumblr or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, check out my online portfolio for more examples of my work.
Hey guys, I know I’ve reblogged this before but I just wanted to get it out there again. I recently switched my major to Painting and the supplies are really expensive and I’m worried about the costs. Purchasing the cheapest sketch would help! Even if you can’t commission me at this time, please reblog to spread the word <3
The spirit portals had to be there because avatar wan sealed them, and korra had to open them and there were tons of avatars between those two. I agree it would have made the show more complicated, they were just busy with the 100 year war to worry about spirits in detail. (Besides a couple episodes)
I was wondering were the spirit portals that are in season 2 of Korra where during Aang's time. Do you know?
I don’t know, but that’s actually a really good question. I think that as far as discontinuities between Aang’s and Korra’s respective worlds go, the spirit portals not showing up in Aang’s world make sense—simply because they would have overcomplicated Aang’s story.
straight up just changed my major to painting, i hope i don’t suck
it was so metal
✦✦✦ The Legend of Korra Book 3: Change ✦✦✦
[ fake gifs i made based on my take on what book 3 could be like / second one is a real still animated ]
I had this sketch lying around for quite some while and wanted to work on something today, so here’s some very luxurious ladies of Legend of Korra (and Asami!) I’m all for leaving the boys in the dust for more fun lady times. I’ve gotten really into painting gold lately.
What if Tangled, Wreck It Ralph and Frozen were classically animated.
You…you taunt me with things I can’t have. ;~;
The characters look more… alive? I guess that’s the term for this, but Ralph, WHOA, he looks pretty great though.
It’s my birthday
i am so sick of working though can i just sleep???
"Korra and Mako are perfect for each other but we should’ve written it differently," Bryke said in a recent interview. "That love triangle was wack and we’re sorry."